Sunday, May 8, 2011

Alcohol Ink Hodgepodge

I started out with the best intentions and planned to do a pure Tim Holtz technique, but ended up putting my own touches on this month's tag.

I cut a tag from Ranger's Glossy Paper.


I squeezed a drop of yellow alcohol ink onto the tag and hit it with a blast of canned air to spread it out.



After adding a succession of drops and spreading them out, I ended up with a this:




Inspired by the brillant colors of the poppies in Martha Stewart's Living Magazine this month, I added
orange and rose colors to the tag.



I found the air drying a bit hard to control on my slanted art area, so I pulled out my trusty Blending Solution.



I dripped it onto the tag and pounced the ink with a felt pad on the Bending Tool.



Once I was happy with the blend of colors, I got out my black Archival Ink pad. I used a Hero Arts cling stamp on the tag.




I slipped on my last image, so a little repair was in order. I took the same image and stamped onto a scrap of glossy paper. With a flash of inspiration, I poured a little drop of alchol ink onto the side of the scrap and quickly used a paint brush to color in the stamped image. This worked quite well.



I cut out the flower and used pop dots to add it to the tag. I also added a second smaller stamp.



I printed out a sentiment and mounted the tag. All it needs it a bit of fiber or ribbon...



This was actually the first time I have used alcohol ink on the Ranger Glossy Paper. I have used it a lot with the with the Blending Tool on surfaces like metal, plastic and glass. One of my favorite projects was inking the tin that I use to hold my original collection of Adironack colors.



I stamped over the alcohol ink with black Brilliance Ink and heat set it. Stazon Inks will not work. To protect the ink work, I covered the tin with acrylic sealer.

Be careful, inking is addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment